Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Newest Toy!

"The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys!"

This is my latest tool. My old scroll saw was my very first power tool. It had served 13 great years of service and was a very good saw (it was a Delta). I had been doing more and more work with it and wishing that I had some of the new features and less vibration.

Woodcraft was having a sale last month on this DeWalt Scrollsaw, which basically gave you the light and the work stand at no additional cost to the saw. Well that was great timing as my birthday was coming up the first part of November and my very generous family got this new saw for me.

I really like this saw because it has an easy blade release feature that makes it easy insert the blade into projects. It has a well controlled variable speed feature that my old saw did not have, and the motor is very smooth and much smaller so the vibrations of the saw table are minimalized.

I am looking forward to making some great projects with this saw and you will be sure to see them here.

No comments: